Thursday, May 10, 2012

Windows to the soul or reflections of self...

The other day I was talking with a good friend of mine while driving from High River into Calgary (on hands free of course, safety first) and I had a HUGE realization...

Those of you who have read past posts will note that I have jumped back on the dating band wagon recently and was having some frustration with it, well, as my friend and I were talking a very interesting thought came into my head... basically it was:

In my past relationships I had fallen so very hard, not because I had found that ultimate romantic love, it would seem, but because when I peered into my partners eyes I saw their divinity looking back at me.  Divinity being pure love, how could I not respond with a deep love of my own... 

Over time, on some level, I would realize that this is what I was seeing and after myself and my partner had shifted each other and fulfilled that ever loving contract we set out to complete with each other in this life, it was time to move on.  At this point I was always left with one question... was that really love?  Was that really what a romantic connection, and unconditional love really felt like?

Obviously if I am asking this question than no it probably isn't, so what have I been responding to and "falling" in love with all this time. 

The realization I had while driving that day was that I was responding to and falling in love with the utter beauty and divine light of that persons soul as it was shining through in their eyes and as well I was falling in love with myself as the divinity of my soul was also being reflected back at me through their eyes.  Not in how they saw or perceived me but in the beauty of their soul I could not help but see the beauty in mine.  (Always comes back to us all being one doesn't it... lol)

Once again it was a perception changing thought and it has completely changed how I view relationships and love.  I can't help but see the divine being or soul of everyone now when I look into their eyes and I ultimately feel a deep connection and love with and for them (even when my human side rears its head and they are royally pissing me off). 

But this still brings me back to that question.... what is romantic love then? How can I see the divine in and love everyone around me but still have a beautiful unique connection with one person?  Does it even exist and will I ever really find it?

I will be honest at this point I have no answers to these questions but I do know that there are certain people who come into my life that I feel a bit of a different type of love for.  I don't want to say I feel more deeply or even that I feel more for these people.  All I can say is there is a different type of connection that I cannot name or place.  Some may call it soul family, or past life connections.  I simply see it as a convergence of energy and we obviously are resonating with each other at this time, and have somethings to teach each other.

Is that a definition of love... I don't know.  All I can do is continue to move forward with an open mind and an open heart, ever loving and continuing to recognize the beauty in everyone I meet.  Will that one person come along who sparks a little something more one day?  I am sure they will, but will it be forever, I won't ever know until forever happens I guess....

But hey these are just one girls thoughts so whose to say we have to wait for forever, maybe just maybe its about living in the moment and the energy of that moment, allowing yourself to let go and just feel without fear of consequence.


I wanted to share that when I had that realization while driving that day a hawk flew right in front of my car just barely missing my windshield.... this held great significance for me and completely reinforced the ideals behind that thought and this post



If you would like more information about Nicole and the services she offers please visit her website at www.intuitivebalance.ca







No comments:

Post a Comment