Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The music of a new generation

Lately I have been noticing that many of the songs that are popping out into the main stream have an amazing message of one kind or another.  They carry messages of hope, love, perseverance, the strength to leave desperate situations and the determination to move forward with life with joy and love.  Now it could be that I am in a place to finally notice these messages within the music and that they have been present all along OR this could be an indication of the shift in energy that we are globally participating in.  This shift appears to be bring an amazing faith in positivity to the forefront of our minds, allowing us to rejoice in so many different areas, and I gotta say I am stoked that it has hit the main stream music market.  Some of the artists that come to mind and currently have songs in the top 20 (I think, lets not quote me here ok) are Hedley with One life and Invincible, Nickleback with When we stand together (I know, I can hear the collective groans but hey, the song has a good message), Rhianna with We found love, and Flo Rider with I've gotta good feeling.  Many of these songs have moved me so strongly it is like they have imprinted onto my soul.  I cannot help but feel so happy when I hear I've gotta good feeling by Flo Rider, and I have taken up Invincible by Hedley as my own personal theme song for the current phase in my life.
I know I am not alone in music moving me and speaking to something deep within me, but I do wonder if anyone else has noticed a shift in the current themes our main stream music has been putting out there.  Are we collectively moving away from the angst-filled music of my teenage years into a movement of hope and unfailing positivity??  Or is this just where the Pop music scene is headed?? 
I am by no means an expert in anything music so any other ideas from those of you who are musically oriented or more involved in the current music scene would be appreciated.  Cuz as I am sure you are aware these are just the thoughts of this one girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment