Friday, January 6, 2012

Well Hello

So this is the first entry on this page one of this one girls thoughts, and I have to say this is a little easier than I thought it might be.  I mean if I am just rambling then, well, ok maybe not so easy...
As I sat here and looked at the daunting blankness of the computer screen before me I am reminded of how it is like to journal.  Often I have gone for a reading or a healing and one of the messages that comes through is, "Nicole you should really start to journal, it will help you organize your thoughts and be great for getting in line with your gratitiude." but it seems that these people who are asking me to do this are natural writers.  They understand how to put words on the page while I on the other hand sit in my bed, staring at the blank page asking myself what in the heck do I have to write about anyway...  so my journals end up having a general feel of "here this is what I did today" no special insight comes through, no AHA moments for me to feel I have really had that great breakthrough that I keep being told journalling will bring to me.
Soooo I have made a deal with myself and the NEW journal I bought just the other day.  The deal is this, I will pull 3 cards from my Doreen Virtue Healing with the Fairies deck each night and in this journal I will write what those cards are and what message each has that really stands out to me and if any of it relates to my day or where my thoughts are at this time.  I think I am hoping that I will be able to look back and read that WOW I was actually on track when I thought I was so lost in the woods.  Maybe just maybe this will lead to an actual journal experience that I keep reaching for and keep feeling that I am missing as my thoughts turn to "what the heck do I have to write about anyway"
The funniest part of all this mind jargan is that it really is my personal expectations of what journally should be that are really holding me back, oh perception how you foil me. haha.
So I hope any of you who have decided to read this have been in the very least a little entertained by the ramblings of this one girl.  Maybe these ramblings have even made you think, and maybe you will even pick up a journal today and try out a not so in the box way of journally.  If you do I would love to hear about it, just leave a comment below :)
Happy writing everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello girl!
    Great post..and BTW blogging is same as journalling its just using the computer instead of a book. So saying that..welcome to the journalling world! I like your title too!

    Rosanna

    ReplyDelete