Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You can be right, or you can be happy.....

I have heard this expression so many times in my life and it always seems to be directed at the husbands of the world. "You can be Right OR you can be Happy".  SO what exactly does this mean....

Does it mean that you have to give up on your personal expression in life and not have opinions anymore so that your relationships will run more smoothly.  I don't know about you but I think NOT. Here is my personal interpretation of this age old saying and I feel you can actually apply this to all areas of your life without giving up your own personal views and perspectives!!

How many times have you had a conversation with someone and they have been so adamant that their perspective was the "correct" way to look at whatever it was you were discussing that you actually did not even want to argue as it was so overbearing?? 

I have seen this happen many times in my life and can honestly say that it has been one of the factors that my past relationships did not work out as well as I had hoped at the time.  Mostly because I was the person who was so overbearing, I wanted to be right.  It was my way or the highway bucko. 

In the last 2 years or so I have slowly come to the realization that I personally would much rather be happy than right.  Sure I may have strong opinions about many topics in this world and I am very connected to my personal truth as I know it but that does not mean what I know is going to necessarily resonate with someone else. 

For all I know what I feel strongly about someone else may have a completely different outlook on and possibly think I am NUTS for thinking as I do and you know what??      That's OK. 

I would much rather hear out what that other persons perspective is and chew on how they see things for a while and see if I agree or not and how it may shift my perspective depending on how I feel about what they have shared with me.  I may also feel drawn to share my different perspective with them but by no means do they have to agree with me or conform to how I see the world.  Therefore I am Happy but not necessarily right in their eyes.

It is this connection to Joy and pure love of self, really knowing what your personal truth is and standing in it that allows this process of non judgement and letting go of forced conformity to thrive.

We are all spirits who are here having a human journey and part of being human is making up our own minds on how we decide to view the world based on our personal experiences.  This is what makes us unique in this journey!  Are we all still one at the core??  Of course we are, and if we are in a space that allows us to connect with that, so much of that judgement and the feeling of I HAVE to be RIGHT tends to naturally fall away. 

So I would love it if you all would decide to be happy instead of right.  Not that I am trying to force my view of the world on you or anything... these are just one girls thoughts after all!!  :)

A blooming flower is natures was of smiling at the world!!!
Come from your heart and listen to the song that surrounds you daily
Live a life of Joy my friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment